Students with disabilities who are preparing to transition into young adulthood can participate in a number of services offered.
Making family life better has always been a motivation for the services we provide. Trained staff members work with individuals with disabilities, family members, and direct care professionals to help clients reach their personal goals.
Students and young adults can participate in the following:
- Connections For Life (CFL) program, which is designed to enhance their quality of life through increased interaction and participation with social, education, recreational, and volunteer activities. Also available through the CFL program is one-to-one training for clients to learn daily life skills in their own home.
- Behavior Support Services, which aims to help students further acclimate themselves with adulthood by receiving one-to-one services to work on specific skills, such as adopting new behavioral habits.
Teen LINK Summer Program
To meet the needs of working families looking for quality care in the summer months for loved ones over the age of 12, the Teen LINK Summer Program was created in 2016.
The Teen LINK Summer Program is a community-based program that includes opportunities for teens to:
- Learn vocational skills through community volunteerism
- Develop social skills by participating in community activities
- Advance their daily living skills as they learn to access public services such as transportation, the post office, and library
To speak with a staff person, please call (812) 428-4500
BDDS PILOT PROGRAM
A Bureau of Disabilities Services Innovation Pilot Program grant gives high school students on an Indiana BDS waiver and their parent/guardian(s) an opportunity to get a free year-long membership to the Roots of Personal Finance™ program. Applications will be accepted through September 8, and spots are limited. Eligible and accepted participants will choose between two 12-week cohorts starting in October 2023 or January 2024. Participants will receive gift card compensation for their participation, the Roots of Personal Finance™ program and the Debt Freedom Planner for free, over a $300 value!