At this time, The Arc of Evansville is offering virtual volunteering opportunities.
There are lots of fun ways to interact with individuals in our Days Services for Adults Program!
Below are suggestions for different activities that can be done virtually:
HOST A VIRTUAL GAME SHOW: Play an assortment of games that can be done individually, in teams, or as a group; EX: Bingo, Categories (individuals come up with lists of things in certain categories in a set time frame such as: names of candy bars, things in a backpack, fruits and vegetables, etc.), Mad Libs, Name-Place-Animal-Thing (pick a letter and challenge participants to come up with a name, place, animal, and thing that start with that letter).
CARD DECORATING PARTY: Give artistic guidance to participants while decorating cards that can be mailed to people in need.
DEMONSTRATIONS: Singing and/or playing an instrument (encourage a group sing-along!), Dancing or exercising (should include standing and seated modifications).
CRAFTS: Guide participants as they follow along while creating something new.
Virtual volunteering activities are not limited to those listed above!
For more information about volunteering, contact Cinda Phillips, Vice President of Development, at (812) 428-4500 x308 or at email@example.com.
*Applicants interested in becoming a regular volunteer, working more than 8 hours a month, may undergo screenings including background check, TB test, drug screen, and fingerprinting. Orientation and training will be provided to all volunteers. Most volunteer opportunities are Monday – Friday, but some special projects occur on the weekends.
Training Center (615 W. Virginia St.)
- TALENT/HOBBY DEMONSTRATION: Share your talent or special interest with our adult clients. This could include singing, playing an instrument, cooking, playing games, crafting, or many other hobbies. Giving a demonstration of your special skills and sharing your knowledge is a fun experience for the adults at The Arc of Evansville.
- OFFICE ASSISTANT: Use your clerical skills to perform copying, labeling, filing, organization, and distribution of paperwork. Previous clerical experience is helpful. Volunteer should be able to work independently. Flexible schedules available in: one to four hour shifts weekly/bi-weekly.
- DAY SERVICES MENTOR: Volunteer will work one-on-one with an adult with intellectual and/or developmental disabilities. Volunteer will work to build a relationship with the individual, providing the attention and companionship that he/she needs. Duties may include assisting the person during a meal, encouraging them to work on their individual goals or supporting them during an activity of their choice. Volunteer will remain under staff supervision at all times. Flexible schedules available in: one to four hour shifts weekly/bi-weekly/monthly, prefer a regular schedule to show consistency for the individual served.
- VEHICLE DETAILING ASSISTANT: Make our clients’ ride shiny and new by detailing our agency vans. Clean exterior and interior of agency vans. Supplies provided. Flexible scheduling. This is a physical activity that is great for groups or individuals.
- ACTIVITY DEVELOPER: Creative mind needed! Volunteer will help create alternative activity lesson plans which will be used during production downtime at Arc Industries. Volunteer can use a variety of resources as well as his/her imagination to create appealing ways for staff to present topics to individuals with disabilities. Guidance and topics for lesson plans will be provided by the Volunteer Coordinator and Manager of Work Services. This duty can be fulfilled at either the W. Virginia Street or Kotter Avenue location. Flexible schedules available in: one to four hour shifts weekly/bi-weekly/monthly.
- FACILITY MANAGER ASSISTANT: Are you handy? Use your skills to help with a variety of projects including: painting door frames, installing metal coverings to restroom doors and assisting the facilities manager with installing LED light bulbs. Help is also needed with shoveling old dirt from the flower beds in preparation for new plants. Flexible schedules available between 3 – 5pm, Monday – Friday, for most projects. A Saturday project may be arranged.
- SPECIAL EVENTS VOLUNTEER: Lend a helping hand at our special fundraising events throughout the year. Opportunities may include set up and break down, overseeing registration/check in, helping with a silent auction, helping to make decorations, coat check and more. These events are great for individuals or groups.
Off Site Volunteering
- SUPPLY DRIVE: Conduct a supply drive in your neighborhood, church, business, social or civic group to assist with supplies needed by The Arc of Evansville’s clients. Help in collecting items such as:
- New or gently used adult pants in all sizes
- Regular ground coffee
- Plain/non-dairy creamer
- Art supplies
- New or like new bath towels and washcloths
- A complete list of items needed is available by clicking here.