March is Disability Awareness Month and a perfect time to raise awareness and understanding of disability issues within our community.
Did you know that more than 19 percent of Indiana’s population includes adults and children with disabilities? Disability awareness is important to us all, not only in March but throughout the year as well.
The Arc of Evansville works throughout the year to promote and protect the rights of individuals with disabilities and create opportunities for them to live, learn, and work as valued members of their communities.
You can support The Arc of Evansville and individuals with disabilities by participating in our weekly challenges, sharing our mission with others, and participating in one of our Orange Out Days!
“Monday’s with Meaning”- Weekly challenges of meaningful ways to support and celebrate individuals with disabilities.
- Monday, March 1st- Cater a lunch or dessert party for clients of The Arc of Evansville.
- Monday, March 8th- Share with others why you support The Arc of Evansville and encourage them to join in supporting.
- Monday, March 15th- Donate to The Arc of Evansville in memory or honor of a friend or family member.
- Monday, March 22nd- Use Amazon Smile to benefit The Arc of Evansville with your next Amazon purchase online.
- Monday, March 29th- Ask your company to host a “Lunch and Learn” seminar at your place of employment to learn more about the programs and services offered by The Arc of Evansville. *Can be done virtually
“Wednesday Winners”- Every Wednesday we’re featuring stories of clients of The Arc of Evansville and personal goals they’ve achieved over the last year.
“For your Enjoyment Friday’s”- Every Friday we’re featuring feel-good stories, book, and movie recommendations for all ages with the central message focusing on inclusivity, celebration, and the achievements of individuals with disabilities.
Follow along with us on our Facebook page to read more and join in our celebration of Disability Awareness Month!
Orange Out Every Friday
Orange Out Days, held every Friday during Disability Awareness Month, bring awareness to the needs of individuals with disabilities. Join us every Friday in March by wearing orange or hosting your own Orange Out Day at your organization or business to show your support for individuals with disabilities. We encourage you to tell others why you are wearing orange. Share pictures of your Orange Out with us on our Facebook page!