1) Connect – Meet new people and connect with your community
2) Impact – Make a difference in the lives of individuals with disabilities
3) Develop – Gain new knowledge, skills and experience
4) Satisfaction – Feel appreciated and gain a sense of fulfillment
5) Health – Volunteering is good for your mind and body
You can help make a difference. We welcome individuals and groups who want to share their time and talents to improve the quality of life for individuals with disabilities. Whether you’d like to participate in an activity with an adult in our Day Services Program For Adults, help with a building project, join a special event committee or share a talent with a group of individuals we serve, we can find the right volunteer opportunity for you! We offer both ongoing and short-term volunteer opportunities.
Youth volunteers, between the ages of 14 and 17, must be accompanied by a parent, guardian or school representative at all times. Youth Volunteers cannot assist in child or client programs but can volunteer in non-direct support areas.
Why I volunteer!
- Ken Goans, Day Services For Adults Volunteer
"Volunteering at The Arc of Evansville in the Day Services For Adults program and sharing music is a different experience for me. When instructors use sign language for the words of a song, I feel like I am part of a bridge being built, and it is exciting. Adults in the Day Services program welcome you, interact with you, and thoroughly enjoy your visit. I know my efforts of volunteerism at The Arc of Evansville are appreciated by those served in the program, and I continue to volunteer because of the friendships I’ve made and the fun we have together."