Music can transcend barriers of language, age, disability, and culture. The Music Therapy program assists in treating the physical, emotional, cognitive, and social needs of individuals with disabilities.
Key aspects of this program include the following:
- Evidence-based use of music interventions
- Treatment plans created by a board-certified music therapist
- Activities to improve communication, motor, social/behavioral, cognition, and sensory skills
- Promotes wellness and provides unique opportunities for interaction
- Creates an outlet for expression of feelings
This is the newest service offered by The Arc of Evansville. Service impacts are not available at this time; however, it is projected that 75% of participants will show improvements in their individual-specific goals.
Located at 615 W. Virginia Street, Evansville, IN 47710. Sessions are available by appointment Monday-Friday, 8:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m. Services are provided for individuals of all ages.
Sessions include activities set to music to improve:
- Motor skills
- Social/behavioral skills
- Sensory skills
A detailed treatment plan is created by a board-certified music therapist and includes individual-specific goals. Treatment plan adjustments are made to ensure the highest level of impact is achieved for each client.